Well, the holidays are right around the corner, and they are an infamously challenging time for those of us who have committed to fitness. However, there are ways to handle the holidays that will allow you to relax and enjoy them. We are called Thrive Fitness, and we believe it is possible to thrive all year-round.
In the next two blogs, we will discuss some strategies you can use to keep the joy in the holidays and the strength in your muscles at the same time.
- Have a plan and make sure you hydrate.
- The holidays completely upset the schedule you use the rest of the year to stay on track. The best way to combat this chaos is make a plan for each day and track your calorie intake. This will help motivate you to eat smaller portions of high-calorie foods to adhere to your daily goals.
- Sometimes, your brain confuses hunger and thirst. Drink six to eight glasses of water a day and make sure you drink two glasses before a calorie-rich meal.
- Keep moving.
- Avoid remaining seated for long periods of time. This doesn’t mean you cannot settle in for a great football game. Just remember to get up and move around a little every thirty minutes or so.
- Anticipate the unexpected.
- Have healthy food that you can eat without refrigerating or preparing it. Things can get crazy and having something on hand is a huge advantage.
Enjoy your holidays and contact our fitness studio in Atlanta to learn more about what we can do for you!