Keeping an eye on your fitness goals in the months between November and March can be pretty difficult. The holidays are a blow to most people’s fitness, and then the long, bleak winter days take the motivation to workout away. That is why so many people hit March and April and really dislike what has happened. The good thing is, you don’t have to be one of those people!
In our last blog, we gave you some great tips for staying fit all winter long. We will finish up our tips here!
- If you have a dog, get outside with it.
- Make a commitment to your dog to take it on walks and get it outside. You both will enjoy the cool weather and how brisk and refreshing it is.
- Make your home a bit warmer.
- We all know how hard it is to get out of bed when your home is cold. Keep it warm to make it easier to leave the warmth of bed and get to the gym.
- Record your food.
- Keeping a food journal is a great way to maintain control and motivate yourself to get to the gym.
- Look for winter specials at gyms.
- Gyms know it’s harder to get in and work out during the winter, and many of them offer great specials. They want to give you incentive to come in – so go ahead and use it!
Thrive Fitness is more than a CrossFit gym – we offer the benefits and knowledge in CrossFit as well as other programs to help you reach your goals. Contact our fitness center in Atlanta, Georgia and learn more today!